Monday 6 June 2016

Super Easy Homemake Siew Yok

I came across Auntie Lilly (from Follow Me To Eat la) showing off with Uncle Hong's Siew Yok. Well, I know my hubby for sure not going to cook for me. Hence, I asked Auntie Lilly for her recipe how to make that very crispy looking Siew Yok that haunted me every since.

Finally after all the super busy week of traveling around Malaysia for roadshow and events, I finally settle down and got the time to cook.

Ok, let's get started with what you will need -
Pork Belly with skin on. Must have skin cause that's the best part.
Marination : 5 spices powder. Paprika powder, salt, pepper and rice wine.

That's all. Yes, that's all.

Now, is the marination.
1. Slice the pork belly with a knife. Just simply slice on the meat will do.
About 0.5-1cm deep will do. This will help the marination goes deep into the meat.

2. Cover the pork belly with all the marination ingredients. Make sure you spread everything well.

Wrap the pork belly with wrapper/zipper bag. Marinate overnight.

3. Heat up Airfryer for 5 mins@180°C, then put in the pork belly and turn on timer to 35 mins@190°C.

Done. Ready to serve.

I put into the freezer cause it's going to sit in for few days. I usually like to marinate at one go. This save alot of my time when I get back from work and cook for my hubby. The best part cooking with Airfryer is you gonna save a lot time and semangat cause you just need to dump the meat into the Airfryer. You can also dump in corn & french beans if you really find yourself lazy to cook and yet have a complete meal.


Roast until the skin looks crispy and brown


Look at the lard. That's the best part of Siew Yok.


No comments:

Post a Comment